You didn’t think that indoor air quality started and stopped with just a single filter, did you? Unfortunately, too many homeowners think that indoor air quality isn’t much of a big deal until they’re either presented with the facts or get sick as a result of poor air quality. We’re here to talk about the specifics of this conundrum.
When we get into the specifics of things, there are actually many levels to indoor air quality. Different contaminants, allergens, and materials can harm us throughout our day, and it’s up to us to keep things comfortable and safe.
How is your indoor air quality in Camden County, NJ? If you need help dealing with the five levels of indoor air quality contaminants, then don’t hesitate to call our team today. Our indoor air quality specialists can install the right device and give you the best advice in dealing with this kind of problem.
Camden County, NJ Indoor Air Quality Issues
Level 1: Toxic Compounds
Also known as volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, toxic compounds can include anything from paint to smoke. These are particulates that can be created just by cooking or painting a wall, and will likely stay in your home for a prolonged period of time due to our home’s being tightly sealed. These can be harmful to your respiratory system when they’re constantly inhaled.
Level 2: Infectious Illnesses
We spend 90% of our time indoors, which means any viruses or bacteria that are brought inside with us will likely stay with us for a while. These microorganisms can be circulated through your HVAC system, getting everyone inside your home sick with the same type of illness. UV air purifiers can be the first line of defense in eliminating these harmful organisms.
Level 3: Allergens and Particulates
Each year there are 750,000 new asthma cases in the United States alone. That’s an incredibly high number, especially when you look at the state of the average American home. We encounter allergens and particulates like dust, pet dander, pollen, and other things on a regular basis that can be hard to get rid of. These can be devastating for those with asthma or sensitive respiratory systems.
Level 4: Microbial Growth
Moisture levels are important to keep constant in a home. If things get too dry, it can harm your furniture and your health. If things are too humid, it can lead to the growth of mold throughout your home. Mold is insidious—it jettisons off spores that are meant to sprout new mold colonies elsewhere in your home. If these mold spores are ingested, they can lead to serious health complications and a drastic reduction in your comfort.
Level 5: Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide can be the cause of nausea, dizziness, disorientation, memory loss, and fatigue. These can be huge detriments to your everyday life. Not only is carbon monoxide bad for your quality of life, but it can also be fatal in high amounts. Carbon monoxide should be properly vented from your furnace system and kept as far away from your breathable air as possible. This can be done with the help of a professional HVAC technician.
Ambient Comfort has your back. Give us a call if you need help with your indoor air quality.