Like much of the country, southern New Jersey experiences seasonal temperature changes that make home heating an unquestionable necessity and air conditioning something just short of that – an amenity that you could live without if you had to (after all, our great-grandparents did), but that most people consider to be a “must-have” for modern, comfortable living. In most homes, this means two systems: a furnace or boiler for heat, and A/C for cooling. With a heat pump, however, it is possible to use a single system to keep your home comfortable year-round.
How a Heat Pump Works
A heat pump circulates refrigerant through a closed system that pulls heat from the outside air and blows it to your home. Even when the air is frigid, there is some heat in it, and that heat can be extracted. (If there were no heat in the air, the temperature would be absolute zero, or minus 460°F.) Below a certain temperature, however, this becomes inefficient, so many heat pump systems incorporate an electrical heating unit to make up the difference. The system can be reversed so that it pulls heat out of the air inside the home, pumping it to the outside and leaving the inside air cooler.
Benefits of Heat Pump Installation
A heat pump installation confers several benefits in a moderate climate like that around Vineland:
- Increased efficiency. During much of the heating season, a heat pump simply transfers heat from one place to another, making it far more energy-efficient than an oil- or gas-burning furnace or boiler.
- Decreased utility bills. Heat pumps can reduce the amount of electricity used for heating by up to 50 percent. This will bring a noticeable decrease in your monthly utility bills.
- Reduced installation cost: a heat pump installation typically costs less than the combined cost of a furnace and a central air conditioning system.
- Reduced maintenance. With just a single system to service, maintenance requirements are cut approximately in half.
- Friendly to the environment. When you want to use HVAC equipment that is friendly to the environment, heat pumps are smart options. Since they do not involve combustion, they produce no emissions.
Consult With the Heat Pump Experts at Ambient Comfort
Ambient Comfort offers heat pump installation and service in Vineland and throughout southern New Jersey. For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact us online or call 856-213-6586.
Contact Ambient Comfort in Vineland, New Jersey, for service: 856-213-6586. We provide emergency services in South Jersey.